Sunday, February 3, 2008

Melody, Neckwarmer, Neckwarmer, Melody.

neckwarmer2
caron_ruffledNeckwarmer

Hello, I'm Mehl-LOW-DEE!I I love my dear friend Melody. She carefully and joyfully annunciates her name to announce, actually proclaim her presence. Mel is quite a character, you'd love her. Very sweet, adventurous, giving and hilarious, oh and a great cook and entertainer. She is a closet diva, so it came as no surprise that she'd send me a pattern to "whip" up a 'lil scarf. Not just any scarf, a high collared neckwarmer. Funky, yet Elizabethan. Fabulous. Hmmm. Totally Melody.

This piece was crocheted in Autunno merino wool. It is uber soft and the color is scrumptious. It is a lovely chocolate and the french grey and black variegation contributes to its rich appeal, in my opinion.

I'm posting myself modeling the neckwarmer because Melody is a busy bee. Who knows when I'll see my buddy again? Alas, I have to settle for virtually gifting this gem. Yes I'm giving her the guilt trip that I lay on thick at every opportunity. What are friends for? Oh yes, I know...breaking in neckwarmers. This is going to be very cute with my coat. Wonder how a chic beret would flow with this? Mel, you better come get your neckwarmer, it is making its way to my rotation very shortly. Love you girl!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

IT'S SOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!! I love MY new neckwarmer...see everyone, K is the real diva. She even has the paparazzi following her around to take photos of her in her knitted beauties. Oh alas, she is a sweetheart who always reminds me to be the bigger person and rise above. She's the yarn who holds my crazy life together, even if I only see her twice a year. Knit one, purl two...

Virtuous said...

Love the collar!

Having a Knit Fitt said...

What an attractive neckwarmer! What an attractive model!