Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Birds of a Feather

Flock together! Yes I have yet another lone sock!



Meet Birds of a Feather, from Sock Pixie. The yarn is Plymouth Sockatta. Once again, I shortened the length of the cuff. One day I'll knit a taller cuff. This pattern was very easy, my first time doing a slip stitch for color work. I really enjoyed it. The only problem is...the sock is too big. I keep knitting big socks and I don't know why! Unfortunately, as I may have mentioned in an earlier post, this sock was supposed to be a gift and the receipient's foot is smaller than mine. I'm going to have reallocate the gift to someone with a larger foot and wider ankle. I'm trying the sock again, but this time, instead of casting on 64, I'm casting on 56 and see what that yields me.

I'm also tickled to say I'm learning how to knit two socks at a time on two circulars! Yipee! So far I like it. There's a lot of tangling, but it works out. I'll get some pix uploaded soon. Last, but certainly not least (it's actually the real reason I'm posting today)... tagged me! I like reading Kris aka kniftyred's blog. She knits beautifully and her family tales crack me up! She and her daughter did some gardening recently and I'm totally jealous. On the sock tip, she's got some really cute FO's!

Anyhoo, here are my responses

I was tagged by Kris at Kniftyred to play in a meme.

The rules: Are posted at the beginning. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blog and leaves a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer.

1. What was I doing 10 years ago? Standing up in my friend Jessica's wedding. I'm going to post a picture because I think I totally look like a Supreme with that frosted make-up and dress. Oh to be young again, my hair was so thick and luscious. Sadly, I was also spending precious last days with my grandfather, PawPaw.





2. What are 5 things on my to-do list today - not in any particular order? Work, work , work, laundry, knit some baby socks for a shower this weekend, go to the post office, wash dishes, send out thank you cards from my birthday, call some people about my friend's baby shower, work on my two circ socks (see why I'm overwhelmed? Always packing the day too tight)

3. Snacks I enjoy: cupcakes, twinkies, lemon squares, dried apricots, gala apples, tortilla chips and guacamole, snickers, skittles, cookies, pretzels

4. Places I've lived: All Chicago neighborhoods: Morgan Park, Bucktown, Wicker Park, Justice, Rogers Park, Lawndale

5. Things I would do if I were a billionaire: figure out how to share it with others, get a Ph.D. in art history, buy a home on Longwood Drive in Beverly, spend a month in Paris, set up a trust fund for my grandchildren (which I don't have yet) oh and given the current climate, see if I can't buy me an oil refinery. Buy Rowan and Karabella Companies. Establish a scholarship fund for cake bakers. Yes I would.

I'm tagging
Bravebird

Passionknits

Breeanelyse

SHEILAZ CROCHETZ, THREADZ & KNITZ

Niksknits

Shopdaughter

2 comments:

Virtuous said...

Ooh dang!! Glad you are trying the sock again b/c it looks fabulous!!

LOL @ supreme!

@ oil refinery - I know that's right!!!

Sheila said...

Fabulous pic... and the lavender looks great on you.

LoL @ totally look like a Supreme.

The Sock came out great, the pattern is really pretty.. whomever you gift it to will definitely enjoy them.