Saturday, August 2, 2008

What's On My Needles


kusha_0802
Originally uploaded by k_purls2
Hi, right now I'm working on a mini KAL with Crimson Purl and Adrienne. Yes, Adrienne, press on my sister! Ok, this started in June after I read one of Crimson Purl's posts about a visit with Adrienne and her habu score. Off we started. Who knew that knitting with habu was like a giant trying to play footsies with Thumbelina! Man, it has been quite an adjustment to knit with this dental floss. LOL But, the yarn is so beautiful, I've been determined. I started knitting it with straight needles which drove me straight crazy. So, it sat for a few weeks. This week I switched to circulars and I'm soaring! Now I made a few adjustments primarily to the width, so we'll see how it goes. I'm determined to get this baby completed this month because I've already prepared a Fall/Winter knit list!

I'm also working to finish my first pair of socks on two circulars. I'm about 75 percent finished....

Still working on my Nikki Epstein purse...

4 comments:

Virtuous said...

Haha!! Great analogy @ Giant/Thumbelina :o)

You are working on some other great projects too!

This has been my summer to focus on lace and socks as well!

I plan to simmer down in September and begin on my fall knits then!

Lets keep Knitting Hard Kamaca!!

Scheherazaad said...

I love Habu but have only knit a sample amount. I can hardly wait to visit the store the next time I go to NYC

CaShThoMa said...

Congrats on celebrating a Blogoversary today!

Virtuous said...

Hey woman! Guess who finished her scarf ;o) Come by and visit to see!!